This is an important course for the Kaputino team and once complete all will be qualified with the CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering. The CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering is awarded by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health.
‘The CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering course provides essential knowledge and understanding of the responsibilities of food handlers. There is a growing need to make learning in food safety more relevant to specific business environments to increase effectiveness. The course has been designed to address the food safety needs of the catering and hospitality sector, particularly for those working in a catering, manufacturing or retain setting, where food is prepared, cooked and handled.’
- Terminology used in food safety
- Laws that apply to businesses and food handlers, and requirements of current legislation
- Concepts of food hazards
- How the risk of food poisoning can be contained
- Taking product and equipment temperatures
- Reducing storage temperatures to minimise bacterial multiplication
- The importance of high temperatures in the supply of safe food
- Food handlers as a risk to food safety
- Appropriate storage conditions for different types of food
- The importance of cleaning food premises
- High standards for buildings and equipment to promote good hygiene infood premises
The CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering is valid for three years and the Kaputino team will have ongoing training as appropriate, as well as undertaking the CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering referesher course for renewal of the qualification.